1. Tenant registers to site and enters relevant information. Tenants will have their own profile area that will include the following information:
- - Name (forename, middle name, surname)
- - Telephone
- - Email address
- - Date of Birth
2. Tenant is presented with a screen of the tenant terms and conditions.
3. Tenant is also presented with a separate screen indicating whether they have read the terms and conditions.
4. Tenant then agrees with the tenant terms and conditions, which is then updated on the tenant’s profile, stating that they have agreed to the terms and conditions.
5. Tenant views property provided on the LetBritain website.
6. Tenant chooses a property and contacts LetBritain for viewing.
7. LetBritain contacts landlord to arrange time and date for viewing.
8. Tenant and landlord meet and view property.
9. Tenant agrees to rent property. When agreeing, tenant contacts LetBritain to state that they intend on renting the property.
10. LetBritain contacts landlord and states that the tenant would like to proceed with renting the property.
11. Tenant is presented with a payment form which states they will have to make a payment of £99.00 + VAT in two parts, one part for referencing £49.50 + VAT non refundable, any additional tenants will be charged £49.50+VAT for referencing. Further £49.50 + VAT will be charged for successful tenants on completing the tenancy agreement.
12. Once payment has been received by LetBritain, tenant will be notified for online referencing.
13. If the references check returns and states that the tenant is not eligible to rent the property, they are then informed of the result by LetBritain. A guarantor is then needed to proceed with the tenancy application. A non-refundable charge of £49.50+VAT will be applies for referencing. This will be mentioned as part of the terms and conditions.
14. If reference check returns as successful LetBritain informs landlord of this information.
15. Landlord agrees to rent their property to the tenant.
16. Landlord provides LetBritain with the relevant information needed for the tenant to move into the property.
17. LetBritain informs the tenant of the relevant information needed for them to move into the property.
18. Tenant must pay the agreed amount of one month's rent in advance, alongside the deposit, to LetBritain. The payment must be in cleared funds.
19. After this procedure the tenant’s profile is updated.
20. LetBritian emails the landlord and prospective tenant with an Assured Short-Hold Tenancy agreement, which both parties must e-sign online
21. LetBritain then pay the agreed amount of one month's rent in advance alongside the deposit amount to the landlord, the day after the tenant moves in.
22. On the agreed date of tenancy commencement, both parties meet.
23. The tenant initials the landlord’s assured short hold tenancy agreement, and the landlord initials the tenants copy a witness.
24. Upon both parties e-signing and initialling on one another’s tenancy agreements, a binding contract has been formed.
25. The tenant receives the key to the property from the landlord and can henceforth move into the property.